Thapa Peak Climbing also known as Dhampus peak climbing is mountain peak expedition located in between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains. Thapa Peak is best for the adventurous mountaineers because it is difficult and interesting climbing peak of Nepal. This trek is wildest, most isolated and breathtaking. It requires a good trekking experience and a good physical fitness. In low altitude there are villages and valleys but high altitude land is totally isolated. Trek to Thapa peak Start from Beni on the Kali Gandaki and follows the Marsyangdi Khola westwards to Darbang. The trek route passes through thick forest of rhododendron, oak, deciduous trees and juniper. The trek trail crosses Myagdi Glacier, Dhaulagiri Base Camp, French pass to hidden snowy valley then after reach to the summit of Thapa peak. From the summit of Thapa peak you will get the stunning glimpse of beautiful snowy peaks such as Mt.Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III and Annapurna IV and Annapurna-South, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Tilicho peak etc. The route comes back through muktinath and kaligandaki valley.
Thapa Peak Climbing – 25 Days
- 25 Days
- Contact Us
Trip Duration: 25 days
Trek Duration: 22 days
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Teahouse / Camping
Activity: Trekking, Peak climbing, City Tour
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude:Thapa Peak summit (6012m.)
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 – 14 pax
Accommodation: tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / Tent in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and making preparation for trek. Overnight In hotel
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Overnight in Hotel
Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Beni by bus. Overnight at Lodge
Day 05: Trek from Beni to Babiyachour 3/ 4 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 06: Trek from Babiyachour to Dharapani 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Tent
Day 07: Trek from Dharapani to Mudi 5 / 6 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 08: Trek from Mudi to Boghara 4 / 5 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 09: Trek from Boghara to Dolang 5 / 6 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 10: Trek from Dolang to Pine Forest 5 / 6 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 11: Trek from Pine Forest to Italian Base Camp (3200m) 6/ 7 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 12: Rest of day and Acclimatization in Italian Base Camp.
Day 13: Trek from Italian Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m) 6 / 7 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 14: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to French Pass (5360m), then on to Hidden Valley (4900m) 5 / 6 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 15: Rest of day again for the Acclimatization in Hidden.
Day 16: Trek from Hidden Valley to Thapa Pass (5250m) via trek to Yak Kharka (3000m) 6 / 7 hrs. Overnight at Tent
Day 17: Trek from Yak Khark to Thapa Peak Base camp. Overnight at Tent
Day 18: Rest for the acclimatization in Base Camp.
Day 19: Trek from Base Camp to High Camp. Overnight at Tent
Day 20: Summit to Thapa peak (6012m) and then trek back to Base camp. Overnight at Tent –
Day 21: Trek from Base camp to Yak Khark. Overnight at Tent
Day 22: Trek from Yak Kharka to Tukuche (2800m) 4 / 5 hrs. Overnight at Lodge
Day 23: Jomsom to Pokhara, 25 minute fly. Overnight in hotel
Day 24: Pokhara to Kathmandu, 6/7hrs by bus. Overnight in hotel
Day 25: Final Departure to your Destination.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley.
- Three nights hotel in Kathmandu and 2nights in Pokhara with BB plan
- Tea house/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Breakfast in Kathmandu, Pokhara and all meals in during the trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits, TIMS card and Thapa Peak climbing permit
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters