Lower Dolpo Trek became popular among the trekkers because of its isolated and naturally beautiful landscape. Lower Dolpo is situated in the Karnali region of Nepal and it is the restricted area so especial permit is necessary for trekking. The region located north from the Dhaulagiri Range in the rain shadow of the Himalayas – reflected in the colorful barren slopes of the mountains where the play of light and shadow is a continuous charming display. Lower Dolpo trekking is adventurous because it crosses three high passes of Dolpo region: Kagmara La 5115m, Baga la 5190m and Numa La 5159m. SheyPhoksundo National park is also located in the Dolpo region so during this trekking you get the opportunity to encounter with several rare and non-rare flora and fauna of this national park. SheyPhoksundo Lake, the deepest lake of Nepal is also situated in the Dolpo region so its beauty and tranquility make eternal peace in the heart of the all trekkers. Another attractive aspect of this trek is culture and tradition of this region. Tibetan Buddhist people are the major inhabitants of this region so Tibetan Buddhist culture is followed. There are lots of monasteries, stupas and chorten which are very beautiful to visit. This region is very unproductive and dry so people lived very difficult traditional lifestyle. Though their lifestyle is very difficult they are very humble and ever smiling. Ever smiling humble people, beautiful natural scenery, rare and non-rare flora and fauna, numerous sacred monasteries make you lower Dolpo trek memorable. Lower Dolpo trek start from Jumla and ends in Juphal on the way it crosses the adventurous journey of various places such as Ghotichour, Chutra, Churikot, GarpungKhola, Kagmara La, PungmiKharka, Phoskundo lake, Baga la, Numla La, Tarap, Dho, Big cave, Tarakot, Dunai etc. Itineraries of Lower Dolpo Trek have been carefully designed by the trekking expert of Nepal Himalaya trek. Nepal Himalaya trek tried to include adventurous routes and amusing activities in our itineraries; we tried to catch the interest of all guests. If the following itineraries are not suitable for you then we are ready to make other long or short itineraries in accordance your holiday time and interest.
Lower Dolpo Trek 23 Days
- 23 Days
- Contact Us
Trip Duration: 23 Days
Trek Duration: 20 Days
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Camping
Activity: Trekking, City Tour
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude: Kagmara phedi (4645m).
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 – 14 pax
Accommodation: Tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / lodges in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu Airport then transfer to Hotel
Day 02 : Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and preparation for Lower Dolpo trek.
Day 03 : Fly Katmandu to Nepalgunj & transfer to hotel.
Day 04 : Early morning, fly to Jumla and trek to Ghotichour (2700m).
Day 05 : Ghotichaur to Chutra (2856 m).
Day 06 : Chutra to Chaurikot (3000 m).
Day 07 : Chaurighot to Kaigaun (3245m).
Day 08 : Kaigaun to Garpung Khola (3285m).
Day 09 : Garpung Khola to Kagmara phedi (4645m).
Day 10 : Kagmara phedi – Cross Kagmara (5115 m) to Pungmi Kharka.
Day 11 : Pungmi Kharka to Phoksumdo Lake (3600m).
Day 12 : Rest at Phoksumdo Lake and excursion.
Day 13 : Phoksumdo Lake via Baga –la cross to Baga-La Phedi forest camp.
Day 14 : Baga-La forest camp to Numla Phedi (4535m).
Day 15 : Numla Phedi -Cross Numla (5190m) trek to Tarap (4040m).
Day 16 : Tarap to Dho (4020m).
Day 17 : Dho to Big cave (3600m).
Day 18 : Big cave to Lahini (3200m).
Day 19 : Lahini to Tarakot (2800m).
Day 20 : Tarakot to Dunai (2150m).
Day 21 : Dunai to Juphal (2500m).
Day 22 : Juphal to Nepalgunj then transfer to hotel.
Day 23 : Nepalgunj to Katmandu,
- Airports pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 Nights twin sharing with breakfast.
- Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley with tour guide.
- Domestic flights KTM- Nepalgunj – Jumla-Juphal- KTM and airport taxes.
- All meals and accommodation during Lower dolpo trekking .
- An experienced English-speaking guide trained by Nepal government.
- Highly experienced Lower dolpo trekking staffs.
- All governmental procedure Doplo Special permits fees and local taxes.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at typical Nepalese restaurant.
- Visa fees/ international airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Hot and cold shower, battery recharge during Lower Dolpo trek.
- Personal expenses phone calls, bar bills, extra porters etc.
- Personal Lower dolpo trekking equipments/gears.
- Tips for guides, porters and other staff
- All others expenses not mentioned on price includes section.