Langtang Valley Trek - 11 Days
Organize the trekking in Langtang valley combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang with the high mountain lakes at Gosainkunda and the beautiful Helambu valley situated at north of the Kathmandu near the Tibetan border, it is the most easily accessible highland sanctuary from the capital. The valley is closed by snowcapped mountains, which culminate in the peak of Langtang Lirung (7246m). There is a high possibility of seeing many interesting wildlife such as wild bear, Himalayan black bear, ghoral, grey langur monkey and leopard. You will see the stunning views of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and even as far as the Annapurna massif. Trial of Langtang valley trek is in the most unspoiled national parks of Nepal, which is why there is such a high appeal of this trekking route. We are sure that Langtang valley will give you pleasure and add more fun and memories in your life.
Your trekking trip to Langtang valley trek starts with a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by bus for seven/eight hours. Langtang valley trekking is an easy and enjoyable, as it doesn't require any special training and previous trekking experience. However, good physical condition, a love of walking and a desire to enjoy the spectacular views of the mountains and an encounter village life are essential. On our trek, we start in lower Langtang valley trekking through its forests and among the village and farmlands of its people, many of who are of Tibetan origin. During the part of trek, you will be walking through national park for seeing some interesting animals and birds. You see monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the colorful Daphne. From Syabrubesi you can trek to Lama Hotel. You can enjoy trekking from Langtang village to Kyangjin Gompa. Deep gorges of Bhotekoshi and Langtang khola are thickly forested with rhododendron, oak, maple and alder. Further up, Himalayan Thahar, musk bear and snow leopard can be found. After you finished your trekking in Langtang valley, drive back to Kathmandu, which will announce the ending of Langtang valley marvelous trip.
Langtang valley trek is designed to view spectacular valley of Langtang with high mountain trek at Gosainkunda and beautiful Helambu valley. The best season for you to travel here is February to June and September to early December.
Langtang Valley Trek Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu international airport , transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley & trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche (1,950m /6,435ft) 7-8 hrs drive, 117km
Day 04: Dhunche to Thulo Syabru (1,900m /6,270ft) 5-6 hrs.
Day 05: Thulo Syabru to Lama Hotel (2,470m /8,104ft) 5-6 hrs.
Day 06: Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3,430m /11,253ft) 5- 6 hrs.
Day 07: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m /12,697ft) 4-5 hrs.
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa: Day explore
Day 09: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel: (2,470m /8,150ft) 7-8 hrs
Day 10: Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi (1,440m /4,750ft): 5-6 hrs.
Day 11: Syabru Besi – Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264ft) 8-10 hrs drive, 132km
- All airport/Hotel transfer
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 nights on BB plan
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- Hot drinks (Tea & Coffee)
- All mountain accommodation
- Ground transport (Kathmandu /Dhunche & Syabru Besi/ Kathmandu)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (Govt. registered trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits (National Park Permit & TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Cost not include:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Trip Duration: 11 Days
Trek Duration: 09 Days
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Teahouse / Camping
Activity: Trekking, City Tour
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude: Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m /12,697ft)
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 - 14 pax
Accommodation: Tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / lodges in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
We had a delightful time on our trek, thanks to Hari at Life Dream Adventure Pvt ! Hari Arrange our Trekking trip who was very helpful and accommodated himself to our special needs.
Helambu trek is one of the best short treks of langtang trek.
Make an exciting trip to Langtang valley including all three popular
If you want to enjoy two trips within one, then Langtang Gosainkunda
Organize the trekking in Langtang valley combines the remote and spectacular
The Tamang heritage trekking has one of the best and