Helambu Trek - 08 Days
Helambu trek is one of the best short treks of Langtang trek. If you want to enjoy the fun of trekking but have less time, do not wish to travel too far from the Kathmandu valley then Helambu trekking is the ideal one for you. Helambu lies in the north of Kathmandu inhabited by Sherpas and Tamang people. While trekking you will pass through the beautiful forests, snowy peaks, brilliant green valley is which make you feel as if you are in a paradise. Particularly, villages like Melamchi Gaon, Tarkeghyang and Sermathang are large settlement of the trek and worth to explore. The magnificent views of Langtang (7245m) Ganesh Himal (7405m) and Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains together friendly Buddhists people of Helambu villages and pleasant climate and undoubtedly help to make your trek unforgettable.
The trekking holiday starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. Helambu can provide an instant Himalayan trek for those with limited time. There are simple teahouses. The area remains unspoiled by tourism but in short, period many people are interested. The highlights of Helambu trek are spectacular Mountain View, green valley trek, cultural Sherpa villages with ancient monasteries; yak pastures land, diverse flora and fauna to see at Langtang National Park. From the Chorten above Thare Pati village you can enjoy fine views of Jugal Himal and Rolwaling Himal. You can visit to Melamchi gown, Helambus finest Sherpa village. Where there is the collection of neat houses fronted by prayer flags continuing along the ridge slowly descending, you pass from Buddhist influence back into the Hindu lowlands towards Melamchi Bazaar. Trekking to Helambu is little chance of altitude problem but one must be prepared for cold and possible snow at Tharepati during the winter. Good lodges are available and uncrowned. Enjoy sightseeing at Bhaktapur and departure from there.
The Helambu trek is designed to travel not too far from the Kathmandu valley or they have lack of time. You’ll feel yourself blessed after getting chance to meet the Trans Himalayan people and their hospitality. The best time to visit here is from January to May and August to December.
Helambu Trek Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu international airport then transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley Sightseeing and preparation for next day trek.
Day 03:Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300m/7544 ft): Drive 1 hour, Trek: 4 hours
Day 04:Chisopani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft): 7 hours
Day 05: Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m/11972ft): 6 hours
Day 06: Thadepati to Tarkeghyang (2560m/8397ft): 6 hours
Day 07: Tarkeghyang to Sermathang (2,610m/8,563ft): 3/4 hours
Day 08: Trek to Malemchi Puul Bazaar then drive to Kathmandu: 3/4 hrs trek/ 2 hrs drive
- All airport/Hotel transfers
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 nights on BB plan
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) during the trek
- Hot drinks (Tea Coffee)
- All mountain accommodation
- Ground transport (Kathmandu /Sundarijal Melamchhi / Kathmandu)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (Govt. registered trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide porter salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits (National Park Permit TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
Cost not include:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Trip Duration: 08 Days
Trek Duration: 06 Days
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Teahouse / Camping
Activity: Trekking, City Tour
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude: Thadepati (3650m/11972ft)
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 - 14 pax
Accommodation: tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / lodges in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Helambu trek is one of the best short treks of langtang trek.
Make an exciting trip to Langtang valley including all three popular
If you want to enjoy two trips within one, then Langtang Gosainkunda
Organize the trekking in Langtang valley combines the remote and spectacular
The Tamang heritage trekking has one of the best and