Gokyo Lake Trek - 12 Days
Gokyo Lake trek is considered as traditional trek that offers the magnificent views of the mountain peaks too. Gokyo valley is situated at the elevation of 5360m, is an alternative to classical treks in Khumbu region. Gokyo valley trekking package has been specially designed for those travelers who are eager to experience the magnificent of Everest range without wanting too much mental and physical stress. The other highlights are Ngozumpa glacier the largest glacier of Nepal. It also provides the soaring views of the most popular mountain in Nepal over 8000m such as ChoOyu(8201), Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), and Makalu (8463m) located in Khumbu region. On your trial you’ll pass through Buddhist monasteries, views of snow towering mountains, Trans Himalayan people which will surely make you happy and help you to fill your heart with memories.
To access to Gokyo valley trek you need to take 35 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Then, you can interact to different people in the village on the way and head Namche Bazaar where we can acclimatize then to the destination. Trekkers have the various options like going to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar plus other parts of the Everest region. You can view amazing scenes of 8000m peaks. Gokyo valley trek is indeed a less crowded than the Everest base camp trekking for proper accommodation; there are plenty of teahouses on your way. Otherwise, you can choose camping trek on your own will. This destination is famous for trekking and sightseeing. You will surely like the services and hospitality of Sherpa people and feel them like their own relatives. After you finished your trek in this Gokyo valley, take a flight back from Lukla to Kathmandu valley which will declare the end of this challenging trek.
Gokyo valley trek is especially designed for those who are eager to experience the magnificent of the Everest range without wanting too much mental and physical stress. The best season to travel in this valley is during April, May, and September to November. You can stretch your journey to Everest View Trek if you have time and are keen to explore more.
Gokyo Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu international airport then transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla then trek to Phakding (2,652m) 3hrs.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m) 5-6hrs.
Day 04: Namche to Phortse Tenga (3640m) 5-6hrs.
Day 05: Phortse Tenga to Machhermo (4410m) 5 to 6hrs .
Day 06: Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4750m) 4 – 5 hrs.
Day 07: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5350m) (5357m) 4 hrs.
Day 08: Gokyo Lake to Dole (4000meters), 5-6 hrs.
Day 09: Dole to Namche Bazar, 5-6 hrs.
Day 10: Namche Bazar to Phakding, 5-6 hrs.
Day 11: Phakding to Lukla.
Day 12: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Three nights hotel in Kathmandu with BB plan
- Tea house accommodation during trekking
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in during the trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking trekking leader (guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) and their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and TIMS card
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
Cost not Include
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
Trip Duration: 12 Day(s)
Trek Duration: 11 Day(s)
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Tea house / Camping
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude: Gokyo Ri (5350m) (5357m)
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 - 14 pax
Accommodation: Tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / lodges in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Everest base camp trek is classic Himalayan trek, is the
Everest Region, one of the most popular destinations, among the
Gokyo Cho-la Pass Everest Base Camp trek is also known as
Gokyo Lake trek is considered as traditional trek that offers
Gokyo Renjo La pass trek is an exciting and the
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is a classical route
Everest Kalapathar trek is the world’s best trekking trip, trekking