Chulu East Peak Climbing - 25 Days
Chulu East Peak is the part of Manang Himal, which is quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6687 in a north to south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar khola and Phukhola. Chulu East peak climbing lies at south east of Chulu west at an altitude of 6584m placed in Manang valley. The Chulu peak climb is the best option for the adventurous seekers who want to extend their trekking experience in Annapurna region. This remote valley lies in the rain shadow of massive Annapurna Himal. But there exist big confusion regarding the name and location of Chulu peaks and what summit actually constitutes Chulu west and Chulu east since it is soon becomes apparent to anyone that has climbed in the range that several other summits close by, which are part of Chulu massif but are not, indicated on present maps of the area. Beside this one problem, you can enjoy Chulu East Peak climbing without any problems unless you have an experienced guide with you.
This Chulu East Peak climbing starts from the Kathmandu city. After finishing sightseeing at Kathmandu valley, a drive to Beshisahar, headquarter of Lamjung district. You can enjoy trekking in Bahundanda, Dharapani, Chame, Pisang, Nawal village and you can do trekking in Chulu east base camp and Chulu high camp. You can trek to Manang (3650m) and to Yak kharka from there leaving the trial of Tilicho Lake. You need to cross Thorang La (5416m) early in the morning in order to get to Muktinath, which takes around 8/10 hours. This will pass you an amazing as well as a thrilling experience. From Muktinath, you can walk to Kagbeni where you will find one monastery, which belongs to 15th century. Walk for 3/4 hours through the sand bar for Kali Gandaki River until you reach Jomsom where Thakali people are the main inhabitants. After you finished your exploring in Jomsom you can take a fly back to Pokhara. Moreover, from Pokhara fly to Kathmandu this is the end of this stunning trip.
The Chulu East Peak climbing is designed for those people who wish to enjoy their long holiday on peak climbing. To enjoy peak climbing here, you need to have experience of tools used while climbing and the most important is your health. You can enjoy this trip during spring and autumn rather than in other seasons. You can enjoy further peak climbing in Pisang peak, Yala peak, Mardi Himal peak and Tent peak climbing.
Chulu East Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu international airport, transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and preparation for the trip.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu via Besishahar (850m) to Syage
Day 04: Syange to Tal (1314m) 6hrs.
Day 05: Tal to Chame (2713m) 5:30 hrs.
Day 06: Chame to Pisang (3185m) 6hrs
Day 07: Pisang to Manang (3500m) 4hrs
Day 08: Rest day at Manang for acclimatization
Day 09: Manang to Yak Kharka (4000m) 5hrs.
Day 10: Yak Kharka - Chulu East Base camp (4.900 m). 3/4 hrs
Day 11: Base Camp - High Camp (4955m.) plan the climbing route and try to set up High Camp during the day.
Day 12: If well acclimatized, you could attempt the summit and if not, rest at the High Camp for the next day too.
Day 13: If weather permitting, we make the summit ascent today and return to Base Camp.
Day 14: Base camp – Yak Kharka (4000m.) 6 hrs.
Day 15: Lather – Thorong high camp (4510m) - 4 hrs, spend whole day for the rest.
Day 16: Thorong High Camp - Thorong-La pass (5,416m) - Muktinath (3800m) - 8 hrs.
Day 17: Muktinath - Kagbeni (2800m) - Jomsom (2726m) - 5 hours.
Note: If You Do Not Like To Have Further Trek May Connect Fly Back From Jomsom
Day 18: Drive Jomsom - Tatopani (1189m) – 5-6 hours, visit hot spring.
Day 19: Trek Tatopani - Ghorepani (2855m) - 7 hours
Day 20: Early in the morning ascend Poonhill (3200m) for the beautiful sunrise and spectacular views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre ranges. After breakfast decent to Trikhedhunga (1577m) - 6 hrs.
Day 21: Trikhedhunga – Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara for an hour and stay overnight in Pokhara.
Day 22: Drive to Kathmandu (200km/7 hrs) by bus or fly to Ktm. - 35minutes.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Three nights hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with BB plan
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in during the trek
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- Domestic airfare ( Jomsom – Pokhara)
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits, TIMS card and Chulu East Peak climbing permit
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
Trip Duration: 22 Days
Trek Duration: 20 Days
Trek Grade: Moderate
Trek Type: Teahouse / Camping
Activity: Trekking, Peak climbing, City Tour
Per day walking: 5 to 7 hours
Max. Altitude:Chulu East Top (6584m)
Transportation: Car / Van / Plane
Group Size: 01 - 14 pax
Accommodation: tourist class guest houses to 5 star hotel in Kathmandu (depends on clients choice), Guest Houses / lodges in the mountain
Best Time to Travel: Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Chulu East Peak is the part of Manang Himal, which
Dhampus Peak climbing is very listed and selected peaks in
Island peak climbing in Chunkung valley, provides some of the most
Lobuche East Peak Climbing may not be the part of
Mardi Himal peak climbing is an extra excitement and full of
Mera peak climbing has been famous peak climbing in Nepal. Make
Make a rendezvous with one of globally popular trip located on
Tent peak climbing is the second most climbed trekking peak in
Yala Peak Climbing is one of globally popular trekking peak in
Langshisha Ri Peak Climbing is challenging peak climbing adventure which demands
Thapa peak also known as Dhampus peak is located in
Tukuche peak which is located in front of two beautiful mountains:
Naya Kanga peak is another famous peak situated in the Langtang
Thorang peak is situated in the Annapurna mountain region. Annapurna mountain
Tilicho peak is located in the Annapurna Himalaya region. Tilicho peak
Paldor peak is situated in the Ganesh himal region. Paldor
Hiunchuli Peak climbing in Annapurna region is popular mountain climbing adventure.